Welcome to My blog

You will find a little bit more about me , my process in painting and the things I live for, Please enjoy and come back often.



Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"Title Unknown"

I work with people everyday with Alzheimer's and dementia. It's a terrible terrible disease. I wanted  to capture the loneliness, sadness and isolation of not being able to know who you are, where you are, how to eat or take care of yourself. Sometimes it moves so rapidly it can take ones whole life away in one full swoop, the mental physical and cognitive abilities, all gone. They can't feed themselves, know the faces of their children or brush their teeth. They sit with blank faces.Pictures of themselves just a few years and in some cases just months , prior to the final stages.I know it is hard for a family to watch. To watch their loved one slowly and painfully dissolve away ....if you can, love them, smile at them, touch them ....we believe their minds takes in a lot more than they can express out, if only for that day.
This painting is done acrylic, 18x26 on board, "Title Unknown"

No comments: