Welcome to My blog

You will find a little bit more about me , my process in painting and the things I live for, Please enjoy and come back often.



Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Memory

I just finished a painting to enter in an exhibition here in STL, the theme is "memory". Since my day job is a Life Enrichment Manager working with residents with dementia and Alzheimer's this seemed like one I couldn't pass up. It was hard at time to paint, just like it's hard at times to watch these people wither, become invisible, and pass away. This, terrible dis-ease takes away everything a person is, their mind, their body, their Spirit, their names, their families, until there is nothing left. It is a fatal disease, a diagnosis of death.
My own depression has not raised it's ugly head, which I am very thankful.

No comments: